Insert a Table Element in your Manager Logbook Form, and design the table headers (such as AM Totals, PM Totals, etc). Just like using Excel, you can have have your headers run along the top or sides of the table. Then hover your mouse over a cell you would like BarSight to automatically calculate the total for, and click the gear icon.
A window like this will pop up, with a dropdown box showing the different types of functions this cell can perform.
Your cell is able to perform a number of functions as outlined below:
- Normal - Remove all functions for this cell
- Spacer - A blank and read-only cell
- Row Functions
- Row Total - Will output the total from the row
- Subtract From Row Total - The value in this cell will be subtracted from the row total
- Exclude From Row Total - The value in this cell will not be counted in the row total
- Column Functions
- Column Total - Will output the total from the column
- Subtract From Column Total - The value in this cell will be subtracted from the column total
- Exclude From Column Total - The value in this cell will not be counted in the column total
With your table cells properly configured, they will automatically add up (or subtract) each other and display the output as your employees type in the data.